There are a few scenarios where you might want to delete a Map Layer, for example;
- When the data is no longer relevant
- If you've made a mistake when creating a new Map Layer, e.g. if you choose the wrong geometry type
- If you're simply experimenting with new layers and want to remove them
Important Note: When deleting a Map Layer this is a permanent and irreversible action.
Note: Please don't confuse this operation with deleting an individual feature stored within a Map Layer. To remove an individual feature from a Map Layer, see the article on Feature Editing.
To delete a Map Layer:
- Log into your account
- Click the Cog icon in the top right corner
- Click Administration
- Click My Layers (but it should already be selected)
- Click the Title of the Layer you want to delete. This will highlight it in grey.
- Click the Delete icon (bin icon)
- Type DELETE to confirm you want to delete the Map Layer
- Click Delete to confirm again.