The Constraints Checker allows users to run spatial searches on a pre-defined group of layers (templates). This article shows you how to create those templates.
For information on how to use the Constraints Checker, please see this article.
To create a new template:
Give the Template a Name
- Log into XMAP
- Click the Cog in the top right then click Administration
- Click on the Tools menu then the "Constraints Checker" sub-menu
- Click the + button and give the new template a title. This title will be visible to the users, so give it something concise and informative, such as "Land Charges" or "Planning Constraints". Click OK.
Choose who can use this template
- Click on the PERMISSIONS tab
- Use the Organisation, Profile and User tick box options to define who can use this particular template.
Choose what layers get searched on
- Click on the LAYERS tab
- Check the tick boxes for the layers you want included in the search.
And that's it. That template will now be available for users the next time they log into XMAP, or if they refresh their browser.
If you'd like your Template to include a PDF report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some setup changes we need to do behind the scenes.