- XMAP Cloud GIS
- Parish Online
This add-on for XMAP Cloud GIS allows layers to be viewed in QGIS. The layer can be edited and saved directly to your XMAP Cloud GIS account without downloading and re-uploading the data.
There are no plugins needed for viewing an XMAP layer in QGIS, but it is necessary to add an XMAP user account into the authentication settings.
- Open QGIS (try and use the latest version)
- Go to Settings then Options
- Click on Authentication then click the + button in the top right
- Enter the following:
- Name: "XMAP Connection"
- ID: "xmapows"
- Resource: (leave blank)
- Basic authentication
- Username: (your XMAP username)
- Password: (your XMAP password)
- Realm: (leave blank)
- Click Save then OK to close the Settings panel.
View an XMAP Layer in QGIS
Download a QLR file
- Log into XMAP and go to the Admin Panel
- Find the layer in the Layer list
- Click on External Access (may also be called Publisher)
- Click on QGIS .qlr file under the WFS column and click Yes to download.
Open QLR file in QGIS
- Drag and drop the QLR file into the QGIS map window. It's recommended to have existing map layers in the project for context.
Refresh the Layer
To request a refresh of the data from the XMAP server, press F5 on your keyboard or click the Refresh button in the top menu bar.
Edit an XMAP Layer in QGIS
This follows on from viewing a layer in QGIS.
- Click Toggle Editing
- Use the drawing tools to add a new feature or edit an existing one.
- Add any required attribution when prompted.
- Click Save Layer Edits