Creating user accounts allows your colleagues to log in and view mapping information without giving them your own login details.
There are four privilege levels for users:
- Administrator. There is only one Administrator for your Parish Online account. This should be held by the Parish Clerk or whoever has overall management of Parish Online. It's bad practice to share your login details, so keep this private.
- Data Manager. This level of user has all the privileges as the Administrator, except for accessing Billing. So they can create, edit and delete Map Layers and create, edit and delete Map Objects within layers.
- Editor. This level of user has full editing rights for Map Layers (adding, modifying and deleting Map Objects) but they cannot create new Map Layers or modify the structure of Map Layers. They can modify any object, even if they haven't created it themselves.
- Reader. This level of user can view all Map Layers, but they cannot create, edit or delete any Map Layers or Map Objects.
Only Administrators and Data Managers can access the Admin Dashboard.
Only Administrators can create or modify users.
Creating a User
To create a new User Account:
- Log in
- Click on the Cog symbol in the top right corner and click on Administration.
- Go to the Users section, located in the left toolbar.
- Click the + button in the User Details section and enter the details for the user.
- Choose their privilege type.
- Click Save.
You can then use the "Send Password Reset" button to send the new user an email with a link to set their own password.
NOTE: The emails do not send the user their Username. You must communicate that to them yourself. This gives you the opportunity to tell them about why they're being given access and the licencing and copyright restrictions around using the tool on behalf of your organisation.
Changing a User Type
You can change a user type at any time to give them more or less access rights.