The Print tool allows you to create a PDF or PNG file of a particular map view.
To print out an area of map located in XMAP, carry out the following steps:
- Move the map to the approximate location of your desired map using the zoom and pan tools.
- Select 'Print' from the toolbar, located above the map window.
- The darkened area on screen shows the boundary of the print. Make your desired map fit within this area by dragging the map into place.
- Use the left window to give your map a Title.
- Write a small description of your map into the description line, where appropriate.
- Choose a Print Template which will give you landscape and portrait options for various paper sizes.
- If you wish your map to have a legend or North arrow, click the corresponding tick-boxes.
- Click 'Print' at the bottom of the window and a link to download your document will appear.
NOTE: The link to your print will now appear ABOVE the blue print button in a section called "Your Prints". If you haven't given your printout a Title then it will appear as 'XMAP_PRINT_########'. If you've given it a Title, the link will be the text of your title.
If printing on a smaller screen: You may need to scroll down to access the printing link.
If you want to print out at a specific scale there's a drop-down in the Printing pane to select a preset scale or a scale number of your choice.
We have print templates for:
- A4 Portrait and Landscape
- A3 Portrait and Landscape
In future revisions we'll have larger paper size options.