To display data in Parish Online, you will need to add objects to your created layer. This will display the information in one of three formats - points, lines or polygons.
- Go to the location where you wish to add data.
- Open the Editor Tool, located on the top menu. You will need to tell the system which layer you wish to add the objects/data to.
- Start by clicking the chosen location in the map area. This will add a point in that location. If you are mapping polygons or areas of data, you need to trace the outline of this area with points.
- Fine-tune each shape by dragging the grey dots (found in between each blue point you have added) to the desired locations.
- Fill out the text boxes of information about this given object. These boxes can be found in the 'Add or Edit Objects' window on the left of the map area.
- When you are happy with the information and the shape of the object you can press 'Save'. This will add this object to the layer.
- Continue to add objects where you see fit until your layer is complete.
For more information, see our tutorial video, 'Adding new objects to a layer using the Editor tool'.