The XCAM Tablet is a Windows Surface device with an onboard battery. Survey can be conducted without charging the device, but this is not recommended. During survey, the Tablet is working at full capacity to store images, calculate routes and display maximum screen brightness. All this consumes power very quickly and can vastly reduce your productive survey time.
To charge your XCAM Tablet:
- Switch off the device
- Connect the charger to the wall socket
- Connect the charger to the magnetic socket on the device. It can be fitted either way around.
- Power on the charger at the wall socket
- To store the device for a long period of time, it is recommended to store it in a half-charged state.
- If you are using aircraft power to charge/power the device, check this before conducting a survey.
It is highly recommended to provide a power source for the XCAM Tablet during survey. Methods include:
- 12v cigarette lighter socket charger (note: in most cases this only manages to sustain a state of charge, not actively charge the device)
- Mains wall charger connected to an inverter that in turn is connected to aircraft power.
It is recommended to begin a survey with the XCAM Tablet being at 100% charge.