It is recommended to keep a close eye on the state of charge of your XCAM battery and XCAM Tablet and to stop a survey before the battery runs out completely.
If your XCAM Tablet runs out of battery, the following issues may occur:
- The KML files containing the tracklog and photo positions do not save correctly.
- The record of completed lines do not save correctly.
- The last few photos taken on the XCAM do not save to the storage.
If you XCAM Battery runs out of battery, the following issues may occur:
- The XCAM stops taking photos.
- Any thermal images (if equipped) will not save to the XCAM Tablet and will have to be copied from the thermal drive manually. (note: they will not have the same naming and embedded GPS as the RGB or NIR images).
- The FCS may unexpectedly close.
It is recommended to conduct proper pre-flight checks before a survey, making sure the battery on both the Tablet and Battery are charged in good time.