To create a Circle pattern Mission Plan for the XCAM:
- Navigate to the WaldoAir_FPS folder on your C: drive.
- Load the WaldoFPS_Circle.exe file
- Click Browse and choose the KML you created in Google Earth.
- Select an airport from the table. This is used to calculate the complete mission flight times.
- In the 'Select a Camera' window, select either Circle_B (for XCAM B) or Circle_U (for XCAM Ultra).
- Choose a desired Flight Altitude in Feet above Ground Level. This indirectly defines the resolution for your mission.
- Select a speed for the aircraft. This is used for calculating the mission time and the angle from vertical the XCAM needs to be set to.
- Choose a Coverage Type. The most efficient is automatically selected. Statistics for each option are given in the text area of the FPS. The Coverage Type can be overridden by clicking on the button to toggle through the options.
- Click Plan.
- Click End. This will close the FPS and open the Mission Plan in Google Earth.
Things that might catch you out:
- If you make a mistake at any point during the planning, continue through to the Plan and End part of the process and restart the FPS. Failing to do so may result in incorrect values or the FPS may crash.
- If you have already produced a Mission Plan with the FPS, you can overwrite it by running the FPS again and using the PROJECT_NAME_input.kml instead of the PROJECT_NAME.kml.
- If you do not know the airport you'll be operating from, then just select one that's nearby, but remember not to base your price calculations on the total mission time.